Our Podcast List For All The Games We Have Covered

NCAA D-II REGIONAL AUDIO COVERAGE From Mankato

Post Game Winona St. NCAA Regional Game 2 - MSU Moorhead Post Game Regional Game 2 - Fort Lewis Post Game Regional Game 2 - Mark Kellogg of Fort Lewis 1 on 1 Interview - Minnesota State Mankato Post Game Regional Game 2

GAME AUDIO

Minneapolis South vs. St. Paul Central as well as most Hopkins games. Click here to go to available list of games and interviews.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Iowa WBB Media Day Quotes

The following is courtesy of Iowa Sports Information Department


2008 Iowa Women’s Basketball Media Day Player Quotes

Wendy Ausdemore – Senior, Forward

(on her goals for her season season)

“We want to have a great senior year and are looking forward to it. The freshmen have come in and worked hard. Our goals are to defend our home court, be Big Ten champions again and make the NCAA Tournament. We want to be able to play in front of our home fans here at Carver (Hawkeye-Arena).”

(on responsibilities of being a senior leader on this team)

“The underclassmen are doing a great job. They are excited to be here and they are working hard. We just try to do the little things to help them and show them the intensity level that is needed. Also, we make sure they are doing alright on and off the court.”

(on defensive rebounding)

“Defensive rebounding was one of the reasons we had such a successful season last year. We lost some great defenders and rebounders from last year’s team and that has been our focus. We all need to step into those roles and improve in those areas.”

(on the five seniors)

“We have been really close since our freshman year. It is fun that we all play the one through five positions so we possibly could all be out there at the same time. We are looking forward to a great senior year.”

Megan Skouby – Senior, Center

(on motivation to have a successful senior year)

“I really want to do well this year. Not just for me, but for the entire team. I would love to get us back to where we were last year. I know we can repeat some of the things we did last year and improve as well.”

(on being a senior leader)

“As freshmen we came in not knowing what to expect. I really think that this year we are really prepared and so ready to go out there and show everyone what we really can do. We are looking to continue our leadership roles as seniors. The underclassmen will be looking up to us. They are great players and I am really excited to see what they can do. “

JoAnn Hamlin – Junior Forward/Center

(on when she found her comfort level after transferring)

“I became the most comfortable here at the end of last season. Some could probably tell that I was playing better and a little bit more like myself. I was able to get that comfort level with my teammates and was able to read them better. With the freshmen coming in over the summer we have been able to play together and I feel we are all comfortable playing with each other so far. “

(on the frontcourt losses due to graduation)

“We all have to step it up. We are going to have to make up for all the rebounding we lost and we all have to pick it up. I am prepared to log more minutes than last year and I am in much better shape than I was last season so hopefully that will help.”

Kristi Smith – Senior, Guard

(on how the senior class has matured)

“We’ve all really matured on and off the court. We’ve built lasting relationships and they’re like my sisters so I’ve enjoyed being able to play with them the last three years.”

(on being more of a vocal leader)

“Being a senior captain has made me step out of my box a little bit to become more vocal. I have always been a quiet person and let my play talk for me, but I do realize I have more responsibility on the team now and I need to help out my teammates by being more vocal.”

(on her leadership role)

“Yeah, we got thrown into the fire right away. Coach Bluder was always really honest with us and she told us up front what she expected from us. We’ve just tried our hardest to not disappoint her and do our best.”

Kachine Alexander - Sophomore, Guard

(on last season)

“Last year was hard for me. I worked on my game in the summer and during my time off. The mental strength and stability that I had to have to get over that has really carried over into this year. When the season comes everyone will get to see how hard I worked.”

(on helping the freshmen adjust)

“I help them get to classes, bus routes and we’ve gone out to dinner. We’ve talked about everything [being a student athlete] as an individual. Just little things that help, they’ll call me if they need help getting something or where to get it. It’s been really great.”

(on her role this year)

“Rebounding and defense like last year, but a lot more offense this year, too. We lost a lot of offense from last year, so I need to step up on the wing. All summer all I worked on my shot. Defense had to take a backseat a little bit so I could improve my shot and be a threat on the arc.”

(on working on her offensive game)

“Yeah, I have worked on my shot a lot. My offensive skills have gotten a lot better. I wanted to be an option for my team to go to. I think that I have accomplished that and they have that faith in me that they can trust me.

(on playing with Megan Skouby)

“I have never ever played with anyone that big. The Big Ten has some big girls in it and my freshman year I had to learn the hard way. Skouby blocked every shot I took and I kept thinking ‘How am I going to get this around her?’ It helped me though, going against Michigan State’s Allyssa DeHaan you have to alter your shot somehow. That’s an even bigger girl!”

Kamille Wahlin – Freshman, Guard

(on team chemistry)

“Everyone is getting along really well. We have five seniors that have great leadership and they’re very helpful with us four freshmen. They know they’ve been there and had to adjust themselves so they have been there when I have questions and they’ve shown us the ropes.”

(on envision her first game as a Hawkeye)

“I’ve thought about that a lot and talked about it with Hannah. I know I’ll be nervous and there will be butterflies. But, I’ll also be very excited because when you are at the point of achieving a big goal of playing in the Big Ten, you’ll just be ready for it because you’ve been preparing for it forever.”

(on the coaching staff)

“They’re a great coaching staff. I have had my individuals with them and it has just been a lot of fun so far. They’re very good teachers and very patient to make you a better player.”

(on the freshmen and seniors)

“Chemistry has developed really well. Three of us were here this summer and we just got to know each other. We look to the seniors for help and they’re very good people whether we have questions with school or basketball. They’re always there to help us.”

(on similarities between her and Kristi)

“We both are scoring point guards; Kristi is very good at getting to the basket and penetrating as well as she’s a very good outside shooter. We’re kind of the same in that we both like getting to the basket, dish the ball or find the outside shot.”

(on playing with Hannah in AAU)

“We played together for a year in AAU. She’s a very good outside shooter and a good rebounder. She has a good all-around game. I think she’ll just bring scoring and rebounding and she’s a really good defender too, so she’ll bring a lot of aspects to the game.”

(on her role on the team)

“I guess we will have to see when the games come. I’m just going to do my best to get in there and maintain the tempo she’s (Kristi) set. She sets the tempo for the game so when I come in I’ll learn from that and just do my best to do what she’s doing.”

No comments: